Flash arrestors are typically used on torch applications but should also be used in systems where you want to protect your upstream equipment from the backward progression of a flame. The 6104B Series are dry type flashback protection devices, featuring high purity materials and design. The Model 6104B Series is constructed of stainless steel with Buna-N seals, and is designed for use in high purity gas applications.
• Provides positive shut-off of gas and checks the reverse flow of gas under most conditions
• Extinguishes flame within the housing which prevents the flame front from reaching the gas supply.
• Reusable – can be reused after a flashback occurs (maximum of three (3) times recommended) unless it has been damaged beyond normal working condition.
• Non-Return Valve: Prevents the gas flowing in the reverse direction to the normal flow
• Dirt Filter: Protects the safety device from dirt particles
• Flame Arrestor: Prevents the transmission of a flame or flashback from the blowpipe passing through the safety device into the equipment connected upstream
• Temperature Sensitive Cut-Off Valve: Cuts off gas supply when the safety device is overheated due to an external flame or a flame returning from downstream
Materials of Construction
• Housing: 303 Stainless Steel
• Seat: Buna-N
• O-rings: Buna-N
• Internal Parts: 316 Stainless Steel
• Maximum Operating Pressure: see chart
• Operating Temperature: 158°F (70°C)
• Meets OSHA requirements
• Oxygen Cleaned to EIGA IGC Doc 13/12/E
• Meets DIN EN ISO 5175-1 and BAM Certified