High-purity regulators designed for analytical applications using non-corrosive or semi-corrosive gases.
• Supply of carrier gas/detector support gas for a variety of gas chromatography applications (see table below for details).
• Supply of calibration standards to on-line process analyzers, emission monitoring systems, etc.
• Supply of high-purity non-corrosive or semi-corrosive gases to applications requiring constant delivery pressure.
MATHESON strongly recommends the use of a cross-purge with any regulator put into highly corrosive or toxic gas service. You can easily add a cross-purge to this model regulator by selecting "Yes" for the Cross Purge option above.
• High-purity 316 stainless steel barstock body
• High-purity 316 stainless steel diaphragm
• Metal to metal seals minimize diffusion of contaminants
• 2” inlet and delivery pressure gauges
• Bonnet ported and threaded to pipe gases away from work area
• Equipped with outlet diaphragm valve
• 1/4” compression tube outlet connection
• 10 micron metal filter protects seat from contamination
• Optional interstage relief valve available
• Panel mountable, front and back bonnet threaded
• Bonnet vent hole size: 1/8” NPTF
Materials of Construction
• Gauges: 316 stainless steel
• Body: 316 stainless steel
• Bonnets: Chrome plated brass barstock
• Diaphragms: 316 stainless steel
1st Stage – Teflon
2nd Stage – Teflon
• Seals: Metal to metal
• Maximum Inlet Pressure: 3000 psig (20,700 kPa)
• Maximum Flow Rate (At 2000 psig, N2) :
Model 3810A: 1200 SCFH (564 SLPM)
Model 3813A: 960 SCFH (451 SLPM)
Model 3816A: 1400 SCFH (658 SLPM)
• Flow Capacity (Cv): 0.06
• Operating Temperature: -40°F to 140°F (-40°C to 60°C)
• Porting (Regulator Body): 1/4” NPT Female
• Porting Configuration: 2 High, 3 Low, l Interstage
A small amount of polychlorotrifluoroethylene is added to the threads to facilitate assembly. For ECD, MS or AED applications where method detection limits are sub-ppm, it is recommended to use a No Lube (-NL) model.
• Eliminates the escape of hazardous gases when changing cylinders
• Reduces danger of contamination from atmospheric moisture and oxygen
• Minimizes the amount of gas lost during cylinder changes
• All stainless steel construction
• 4360 Series Quarter-Turn Diaphragm Valves used throughout
Interstage Relief Valve
An interstage relief valve is sometimes required to protect the 2nd stage of a dual stage regulator from overpressurizing. If the pressure regulator is used for toxic, corrosive or flammable gases, then the relief valve exhaust should be captured and vented to a safe location.