A general purpose, nickeliron electrode for production, salvage and repair of all cast irons. Conforms to AWS A5.15, ENiFeCl.
Suited to joining, filling and buildup of gray and alloyed cast irons. It can be used for fabrication and repair of pump housings, valves, castings, cast and malleable fittings, and for general repair of all cast irons.
- Tensile Strength Up to 72,000 psi
- Close color match
- Good machinability
- All position
- Deposits have high strength
- Use AC or DC reverse polarity
- Vee out cracks
- Preheat heavy castings to approximately 400°F for best results
- Direct the arc upon deposited metal with the electrode at a slight angle in the direction of travel
- Lightly peen between passes and use a skip or backstep welding technique
- Allow casting to cool slowly