The Therma-CalTM Gas Cylinder Blanket is used to maintain uniform composition of gas mixtures. Over time, a gas mixture may stratify into layers of the various components. The Therma-CalTM Blanket combines the functions of a heating element and an insulating blanket to create a convection current within the cylinder, which helps to keep the gas mixed and prevents separation. The cylinder blanket maintains a constant temperature a few degrees warmer on the lower third of the cylinder than on the upper third of the cylinder for ambient temperatures greater than 50°F (10°C). The heating element self-regulates its heat output, providing for the efficient use of electrical power by producing heat only when and where it is needed.
• 2 inch chemical resistant, rigid insulated jacket constructed of flame-retardant silicone impregnated fiberglass to withstand heat up to 500°F (260°C)
• Velcro fasteners for ease of installation
• 10 foot standard power cord (other lengths available)
• Heating design creates a convection current inside the cylinder
• 120 VAC / 50-60 Hz
• CSA Class I, Division I, Groups B, C & D