Matheson’s FM-1050 Series Flowmeters provide the most accurate indication and precise control of fluids available for a wide range of applications. This versatile meter is functionally and dimensionally interchangeable with other current designs while incorporating many innovative features.
All FM-1050 Series glass metering tubes have integral float guides to ensure a guaranteed ±5% (±1% with optional calibration) of full scale accuracy. Both glass and stainless steel floats are included (except for the E910 tube, which includes a glass float only). The meters are available in a range of 150mm reference indicating scales. Be sure to request calibration data for the gas(es) you will be measuring (if no gas is specified, Air calibration data will be supplied).
Standard with this series is the uniquely designed Tube-Cube®. The “cube,” a unitized tube holder, aligns the tube quickly and easily for simple tube installation or replacement. The Tube-Cube® provides protection during handling, reducing chipped tube ends, broken tubes and misalignment. The 1.5 X scale magnification lens allows for a more accurate reading. End seals in the FM-1050 are direct acting and nonrotating for fast alignment and convenient service accesss.
• Utility (six-turn) valve for those who desire control as well as indication
• High accuracy (fifteen-turn) valve, for very precise control and repeatability
• No valve for those who just want indication
• The valve should be on the inlet when the gas is to be used at atmospheric pressure.
• The valve should be on the outlet if there is a vacuum or varying pressure downstream.
Typical applications include:
• Flow measurement of purge gases
• General laboratory or instrument flow monitoring
• Flow measurement of calibration standards used in environmental monitoring
• High resolution 150mm scale length
• Precision tapered, fluted metering tube
• Low pressure drop for increased available flow rates at low feed pressures
• Standard front panel mounting requires minimum hardware -easy installation, quick access
• Available utility and high precision metering valves do not require special fittings
• Simplified, direct acting, nonrotating compression plug for quick and easy tube sealing
Materials of Construction
• Wetted End Blocks, Fittings and Internal Parts: Brass and chrome plated brass
• Seal Materials: Buna-N
• Side Plates: Painted aluminum
• Metering Tube: Borosilicate glass enclosed in Tube-Cube® holder
• Piping Connections: 316 stainless steel
• Float Materials: Black glass and 316 stainless steel
• Scale: Ceramic ink on glass tube, length 150mm
• Accuracy: ±5% of full scale flow rate
• Optional Accuracies: ±1% of full scale for reference scales only (need to purchase when buying rotameter)
• Repeatability: 0.25% of scale reading
• Pressure Rating: 250 psig maximum
• Temperature Rating: -20°F to 250°F
• Range: 10 to 1, i.e., 100% to 10% of full scale mm or linear flow with conversion curves and/or factors
• Shipping Weight: 1 lb