The FM-1000 Series Flowmeters incorporate the innovative design of the FM-1050 in a more compact unit without reducing standards of accuracy. This is the rotameter of choice for those interested in conserving space. The same ±5% full scale accuracy is guaranteed for the 65mm scale length of these flowmeters.
Unlike the FM-1050 series which uses reference scales, the FM-1000 Series flowmeters are direct reading for air, and are available in either English or Metric units. Choose between a black glass or a stainless steel float. These flow tubes are fluted to provide better float stability.
The FM-1000 Series glass metering tubes are enclosed in the Tube-Cube®. Protection of the tube, magnified tube scale for easy reading and alignment during replacement are afforded with this unitized holder. Integral fluted float guides for optimum float performance are standard with all tubes unless otherwise specified.
Want to use your air direct read scale with another gas? You can use the Gas Correction Factor Chart to get an approximate flow.
• Utility (six-turn) valve for those who desire control as well as indication
• High accuracy (fifteen-turn) valve, for very precise control and repeatability
• No valve for those who just want indication
• The valve should be on the inlet when the gas is to be used at atmospheric pressure.
• The valve should be on the outlet if there is a vacuum or varying pressure downstream.
Typical applications include:
• Flow measurement of purge gases
• General laboratory or instrument flow monitoring
• Flow measurement of calibration standards used in environmental monitoring
• Rugged, compact design
• Precision tapered, fluted metering tube
• Tube Cube® unitized glass tube holding assembly
• Reflective plastic background and 1.5 X magnification lens for excellent readability
• Safety blow-out back panel
• Full 10 to 1 (100% to 10% full scale) metering range
• Low pressure drop for increased flow rates at low feed pressures
• Easy installation and quick service access
• Optional utility and high performance valves do not require special fittings
• Corrosion resistant options: all wetted parts of 316 stainless steel or Monel with Viton or Teflon seals
• Custom scales and flow curves available
Materials of Construction
• Wetted End Blocks, Fittings and Internal Parts: Brass and chrome plated brass
• Seal Materials: Buna-N
• Side Plates: Painted aluminum
• Metering Tube: Borosilicate glass enclosed in Tube-Cube® holder
• Piping Connections: Brass
• Float Materials: Black glass and 316 stainless steel
• Scale: Ceramic ink on glass tube, length 65mm
• Accuracy: ±5% of full scale flow rate
• Optional Accuracies: ±5% of full scale Certificate of Accuracy (direct read scales) (need to purchase when buying rotameter)
• Repeatability: 0.25% of scale reading
• Pressure Rating: 250 psig maximum
• Temperature Rating: -20°F to 250°F
• Range: 10 to 1, i.e., 100% to 10% of full scale
• Scale Readings: Direct reading-air (special other scales available)
• Shipping Weight: 1 lb