A general purpose, high-nickel electrode for production and repair of cast iron. Conforms to AWS A5.15, ENiCl.
Building up, joining, filling holes, breaks and cracks in all types of cast iron. It has very good out-of-position welding characteristics. Parts are frequently repaired without dismantling.
- Tensile Strength - Up to 72,000 psi
- Yield Strength - 56,500 psi
- Elongation - 5% Close color match
- Excellent machinability
- All position
- Use AC or DC reverse or straight polarity
- Clean the weld area
- Bevel breaks and cracks deep enough so the first pass ties in the bottom of the crack
- In most cases, pre-heating is not necessary, but heavy sections should be pre-heated to approximately 400°F
- Use a short arc - Stringer beads are recommended
- Skip or back-step weld and peen to relieve stresses
- Allow casting to cool slowly