Aluminum Electrode features a precise combination of core wire and coating, providing high speed deposition of dense, machinable welds. Electrodes are 14" long.
Used in fabrication and repair of cast and wrought aluminum, foundry defects, machining errors and salvage work. Also, widely used on sheets, tubes and extrusions. Well suited for torch applications.
- Tensile strength - Up to 34,000 psi
- Good electrical conductivity
- Good color match
- Good corrosion resistance
- All position
- Clean weld area
- Bevel sections greater than 1/4 Pre-heat to 500°F is recommended on sections greater than 1/8
- DC - reverse polarity
- Hold electrode in a vertical position
- Remove flux between passes
- Clean with hot water; add 10% sulfuric acid to water if additional cleaning is required