A quality, economically priced, low-fuming alloy used for maintenance, repair and fabrication applications. The flux coating provides excellent wetting action with no objectionable fuming. The porosity-free deposits yield excellent color match to the yellow brasses. Conforms to AWS A5.8 RBCuZn-C. Stick length is 36 inches.
Brazing repair and fabrication on steel, cast iron, copper, copper alloys, nickel and nickel alloys. May be used with standard oxy-fuel torch.
- Tensile strength - Up to 65,000 psi
- Brindell Hardness - 80 - 90 HB
- Melting Point - 1680°F (882°C)
- Working Temperature - 1600°F - 1720°F (871°C - 938°C)
- Flux coating provides excellent wetting action with no objectionable fuming
- Brazing temperature range - 1670°F to 1750°F
- Excellent machinability
- Porosity-free deposits
- Color matches yellow brass
- Clean braze area
- Remove all rust, oil and grease Heavy sections should be beveled
- The alloy should be applied by a brazing technique with a neutral flame
- Flux residue should be removed by wire brushing with hot water