A quality, yet economically priced, low-fuming alloy designed for repair, fabrication applications on steel, copper, copper alloys, nickel and nickel alloys. Conforms to AWS A5.8 RBCuZn-C. Stick length is 36 inches.
Brazing repair and fabrication on steel, cast iron, copper, copper alloys, nickel and nickel alloys. May be used with standard oxyfuel torch.
- Tensile strength - Up to 65,000 psi
- Brinell hardness - 80 - 90 HB
- Melting point - 1680°F (882°C)
- Working temperature - 1600°F - 1720°F (871°C - 938°C)
- Brazing temperature range - 1670°F to 1750°F
- Excellent machinability
- Porosity-free deposits
- Color matches yellow brass
- Clean braze area
- Remove all rust, oil and grease
- Heavy sections should be beveled
- When applying bare rod, use a brazing technique with a neutral flame and flux
- Flux residue should be removed by wire brushing with hot water