A high deposition electrode for low and medium carbon steels. It is an efficient, iron powder, low hydrogen electrode with excellent mechanical properties that are crack resistant and provide x-ray quality welds. Conforms to ANSI/AWS A5.1 & ASME SFA 5.1 E7018.
Ship hull construction, pressure vessels, boilers, piping, heavy duty equipment, general maintenance and/or production fabrication.
- Tensile strength - Up to 81,000 psi
- Yield strength - up to 67,700 Elongation in 2- 29.4% minimum
- All position
- Provides a quiet, stable, low penetration, spatter-free arc
- Produces moderate to heavy slag that is easily removed, revealing a bead with distinct ripples
- Operator appeal is a plus factor