Chromium carbide electrode for economical smooth overlays. Electrodes are 14" long.
Used for protecting most iron base surfaces against severe abrasive wear and moderate impact. In the as-welded condition, the microstructure consists of an austenitic alloy matrix (bulk hardness RC57) and chromium/complex carbides (hardness RA77).
- Ripple free surface doubles "grip resistance" to fine abrasive media
- 3/32" and 1/8" provide position capability
- Special formula totally eliminates the "work tracking" type porosity common to this alloy group
- Gray flux color
- Flat and horizontal welding positions, but smaller diameters can be used out of position
- Use a stringer or wide weave technique
- Deposit a maximum of 2 to 3 passes to achieve full hardness
- DC Reverse (+), AC recommended current