Silicon-Bronze welding alloy. Conforms to AWS A5.7 ERCuSi-A. Electrode length is 36 inches.
This silicon-bronze alloy is used to weld similar composition base metals, brass and copper alloys to steel. Silicon-bronze is frequently used in GTAW brass welding of coated sheet steels.
- Tensile strength - 50,000 minimum psi
- Solidus - 1780°F (971°C)
- Liquidus - 1880°F (1027°C)
- Brinell Hardness - 80 - 100 HB (500 kg load)
- All position
- Silicon bronze base metals generally do not require pre-heat. Brass or copper base metals may require some pre-heat depending on copper content and thickness.
- Use DC+ or AC current and a 2% certiated tungsten
- Use Argon shielding gas